Hi all,

This is my blog, purpose is to update all my friends and family on how I am and what myself, the family and our friends have planned for the time I have left.

I will include updates on my treatments, how I am feeling and what we are planning as a family. I do have a lot planned so don't expect daily updates, hopefully this will give you some general information but I am happy to answer questions and all suggestions are welcome.


How it started.

Sunday 7th March

On Sunday night Craig mentioned that he had noticed a lump in my right breast  (don't ask how he noticed!!! just use your imagination)  At the time I dismissed it and told him not to worry but being honest I didn't sleep well that night becuase I did worry.

Monday 8th March

I called the doctor and was lucky enough to get an early appointment with the Dr for 9.20 and she examined me and confirmed that there was a lump.  She then said it was standard practice for people to be examined within a two week period and I would be contacted after surgery with the details.  I got a call later that day with confirmation of my appointment on Thursday 11th.

Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th March

I went into work but stayed in the office ( I was supposed to be on a health management workshop for two days which I didn't feel like talking about in the circumstances)  The girls and I had a good couple of days and we had fun and even managed to squeeze in a team lunch.

Thursday 11th March

Craig and I went to Ormskirk Hospital and saw Dr Tayal who subjected me to a number of tests which included physical assessment, cytology, mammogram and core biopsy, following which it was confirmed that I had breast cancer.  A follow up appointment was arranged for the 17th March.

Saturday 13th March

Given the news, Barbara kindy offered to take the kids and we arranged for Donna and Dave to come round, whilst Craig was dropping the kids round I was tidying the play room and on the phone to my mum when it appears I passed out, only to wake up when Craig came back.  I was very suprised to find that I had wet myself and Craig took me upstairs.  Whilst Craig was cleaning up I headed to the bathroom again only to collapse on the floor at which point Craig phoned for an ambulance.

Ambulance came, and I felt weak but with it, until I was sick that is.  At the hospital they did a variety of tghings which I don't really remember and then I slept before they released me, we called at McDonalds on the way home and settled down when we got home.

Sunday 14th March.

Craig woke up in the middle of the night to find me fitting and foaming at the mouth and promptly called another ambulance, I don't remember any of this so can't really comment other than to say I spent the next 3 days in hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Sargent Lockhart Family

Sargent Lockhart Family

Naylor Perkin Family

Naylor Perkin Family