WELCOME

Hi all,



This is my blog, purpose is to update all my friends and family on how I am and what myself, the family and our friends have planned for the time I have left.



I will include updates on my treatments, how I am feeling and what we are planning as a family. I do have a lot planned so don't expect daily updates, hopefully this will give you some general information but I am happy to answer questions and all suggestions are welcome.



Toni















Friday 2 March 2012

2012 Flying By - March Already

March already???

Yes this year is flying by and as usual we have been doing lots and have more planned.

First My Birthday

Yes we went to Blackpool dressed in school clothes like we did ten years ago, it was great to reminiss and have fun playing games and dancing. Mick, Doey and I still have our key rings from the late 90's.  Its scary to think we have known each other for 20 years and are still friends.

Health

As I have said before, I am on chemotherapy (pill version) at the moment and despite a variety of side effects (like swollen hands and feet) I am doing very well.  I was worried that the pills would stop at the end of March and I would go back to feeling ropey, but the doc has confirmed I will continue on the pills, so we are planning for April onwards now and already have a full calendar which is great.

When I last had Chemo I was on a drip and had the usual side effects which made me lose my hair.  I was expecting the same this time so was surprised my hair kept growing.  Most people would think this is great but having got used to my wigs, I didn't. Wigs are great, no more daily straightening of my curly hair, and a wig that doesn't look like a wig are amazing.

As my hair was growing I could see it pushing out under my fringe so I reached the stage where I had to decide whether I grow or cut?  Well cut was the decision, and whilst some people suggested going to the hairdressers I thought it would be easier to do at home......So today was the day!  I stood in the bath and let Craig shave my head, so advance warning if you ever see me without my wig, I am now bald and it feels great.

Family

Yes me and my bro have been spending a lot of time arranging for our parents to move, and at last we are nearly there.  They are in the new place but we still have some work to do before we have them settled and ready for visitors.

As part of this move I have found a large collection of photographs (paper not electronic). I haven't looked through them all yet but there are a lot of my teenage years, so some of you should be worried, especially the School, White Bear, Rivington Barn and Lostock lot (Andy, Mick, Clare and many others).

In addition to this we have also got a website coming from our Ray, initially I thought I would help him make this but my dodgy PC and failing eye sight got in the way.  That said, one of Rays former students has stepped in and done a fantastic job (far better than I could do) It is not live yet but will be soon, so if you are local and need to learn to drive check out "Drive2Perfection.co.uk" in a week or so.


Plans

So as you will have come to expect, we have lots planned with family and friends over the next couple of weeks.  I will update you on these soon.

Take care

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Sargent Lockhart Family

Sargent Lockhart Family

Naylor Perkin Family

Naylor Perkin Family