WELCOME

Hi all,



This is my blog, purpose is to update all my friends and family on how I am and what myself, the family and our friends have planned for the time I have left.



I will include updates on my treatments, how I am feeling and what we are planning as a family. I do have a lot planned so don't expect daily updates, hopefully this will give you some general information but I am happy to answer questions and all suggestions are welcome.



Toni















Wednesday 16 May 2012

MAY and summer on the way

Hi all,

I hope you are all well and getting set for summer or at least a holiday somewhere.

As usual apologies for not doing this sooner but as usual we have had a lot on and my health isn't as good as it was so lets get that out of the way first.

Health

I am still on the chemo drugs which have been great for me but having been on these for a while I am starting to have reactions which are affecting my balance and leg muscles.  As usual the doc and hospital staff have been great and I have a scan later today followed by an MRI on Friday. So don't worry they are looking after me.

Photographs

I mentioned in my last post that I found lots of photographs from the days we didn't all use our phones and believe it or not this has prompted two reunions.

1) The "backsies" in Adlington and the kids we grew up with, back when it was safe and acceptable to play outside.  Of course we had the back street, there were less cars and we lived near Rivington so we spent a lot of time outside.

2) Is Lostock days.  I know this will scare some of you but me and the other apprentices used to do lots outside things Clubbing, Parties, trips away to Butlins, caravan holidays, sailing, diving, caving and a huge variety of things that I am only reminded of having found lots of photograhs (when my parents moved)  back before we had phones that do evertything.       I say that as I am just transfering 9000 photos from computer to hard drive.

So with this in mind we have arranged two reunions where we can all catch up........details of no 2 still to be sent out.

That said I cannot mention Lostock without reference to our Quiz Nights!!!!!! no pictures but on the dvd of the last 50 years and yes it is the one where I was spoken about.   Ha Ha

So what next?

My treatment comes first and this may affect my ability to update my blog, but if this happens be reassured I will get a member of the family to help me and I will keep you informed  (eye sight problems again)

My book

Now I don't mean to scare you but having been busy recently I have printed off my book and I am having a look through it.  This book was intended to be for my kids when they are a little bit older and will tell them what their mum did.

Having family over this side Craig will tell them what we did but I need to plug the gaps with what I did as a child (pre Craig) and in my teenage years.   Don't worry there will be a carefully chosen editor who ensures my teenage years are in a fit state to be read by my kids.  Ha Ha

Well time to go for me, but I will be back in touch soon

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Sargent Lockhart Family

Sargent Lockhart Family

Naylor Perkin Family

Naylor Perkin Family