WELCOME

Hi all,



This is my blog, purpose is to update all my friends and family on how I am and what myself, the family and our friends have planned for the time I have left.



I will include updates on my treatments, how I am feeling and what we are planning as a family. I do have a lot planned so don't expect daily updates, hopefully this will give you some general information but I am happy to answer questions and all suggestions are welcome.



Toni















Thursday 13 May 2010

13/5/2010 - Update on life in the fast lane.

Hello all,

Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while but have to say that life is very busy when you don't work for a living.

Whilst we did vow that we would have some quiet time after the parties we don't seem to have had much time this week.

First the Medical Stuff....

The good news is that I have now completed my course of steroids so am no longer bouncing round the house like a hyperactive rabbit, the bad news is that I now sleep for england and suddenly scrubbing the oven has no appeal..housework....yawn!

I've been back to the hospital this week for my monthly jab which brings on the menapause, luckily this is a small jab in the stomach which doesn't hurt and has added benefits of not having my regular monthly periods (yippee) in addition to the benefit of my nightly hot sweats.......most people wouldn't view this as a benefit but when your other half hogs the quilt it helps to have your own form of heating.  That said the first time was a shock when Katie woke up in the night I got up soaking wet and couldn't work out why I was wet, I checked the bed to see if I'd spilt my water and then checked my boobs to see if I had suddenly started lactating, ~I didn't realise one person could sweat so much....sorry folks not a pretty thought.

With regards to my rashes they have now all gone and I don't have to itch myself 15 times a minute which is fantastic however my skin is very dry which means that despite applying cream 5 times a day I look like I have really bad dandruff (funny when I have no hair)  hopefully I will return to normal just in time for my next course of treatment....this time I've got my drugs at the ready though.  (after all I am a "retired" beaver scout leader ....be prepared)

So on to other stuff.

Having now officially got married we can kick off the paper trail and sort out passports, change of name, setting up a will, etc etc.  You don't realise how much paperwork there is - we have even had to reregister the kids as ours and make them legitimate.

So to break up all this boring stuff we have been actively planning the proper wedding party and have a meeting tomorrow at the venue to sort out how the day is going to run.  Everyone we talk to is actively planning their choice of fancy dress and Craig is actively planning the entertainment....so be warned.

Holly has offered to help with the invites so we will get these out soon (thanks Holly) and more details will follow but in the mean time make sure the date is in your diary (18th July) and get thinking about what you are going to wear.

I will give you more details over the weekend once we have met with the hotel bods so watch this space.

Thanks to all of you registered as followers and those of you adding comments it makes me feel that I am not talking to myself.

Catch up soon.

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Sargent Lockhart Family

Sargent Lockhart Family

Naylor Perkin Family

Naylor Perkin Family