WELCOME

Hi all,



This is my blog, purpose is to update all my friends and family on how I am and what myself, the family and our friends have planned for the time I have left.



I will include updates on my treatments, how I am feeling and what we are planning as a family. I do have a lot planned so don't expect daily updates, hopefully this will give you some general information but I am happy to answer questions and all suggestions are welcome.



Toni















Thursday 16 September 2010

Hi all - I've not forgotten about you.

Hello all,

Its been a while, I know and I am sorry I haven't been in touch it just that I have been having fun and enjoying the summer. Its about 5 weeks since my last post and in this time we have been doing lots to make the most of what summer we have had. (still hoping the weather might improve at somepoint)

Since I last spoke to you all we have done lots, we went on holiday with the kids to Wales and stayed in a caravan right on the beach. We went on honeymoon to Crete with Dave and Donna, this was great very hot, lots to eat and drink. And back home we have been clearing out the house to make room for all our wonderful wedding gifts and have been furniture shopping. So busy I would never have time to work.

Health wise I am fine, I had a 6 month check up yesterday and the doc is pleased with my progress. I haven't had any more seizures and I am generally feeling well, minimal reactions to my treatment and I am eating well (I think lots of cancer sufferers lose there appetite but because I cook for the kids I eat when they do, so pleased with my progress). Obviously there is no magical cure but on the whole I am ok and we will see how the next couple of months go.

My only struggle/complaint is my loss of independance. I never realised or appreciated the little things that you take for granted. I miss driving, I miss being in the car, I miss being able to just nip out for something, I miss having a laugh with people at work (that said I still speak to most of you). On the other side though it is nice not to worry about money, mortgage is paid off and we have a little money in the bank so can do what we want without having to think....can I afford it. And with that we are doing lots with friends and family which is fantastic.

Thanks to all of you who have been keeping in touch, it is always great to speak to you and find out what you have been up to, we still have lots planned and will probably see you all soon enough but anytime you want to call or come round you are more than welcome.

Take care love from

Toni.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Sargent Lockhart Family

Sargent Lockhart Family

Naylor Perkin Family

Naylor Perkin Family