WELCOME

Hi all,



This is my blog, purpose is to update all my friends and family on how I am and what myself, the family and our friends have planned for the time I have left.



I will include updates on my treatments, how I am feeling and what we are planning as a family. I do have a lot planned so don't expect daily updates, hopefully this will give you some general information but I am happy to answer questions and all suggestions are welcome.



Toni















Sunday 5 December 2010

Where did November go?

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of contact but time flies when you don't work for a living.

So lets get the boring stuff out of the way first...

HEALTH
On the whole I am well, been having my treatments regularly and been through a variety of symptoms but nothing that gets in the way too much. That said I have recently been getting headaches so my doc has put me back on the steroids. The good news is I am now not getting headaches but the steroids do make me feel a bit weird. I've got another review in 10 days or so and may go for another scan to see what is going on inside. Will see what he says when I go in next.

STEROIDS
Being on steroids is weird, I feel like I am hyper on the inside so can't sit still and even though I get tired I can't sleep and can't sit still. Part of the reason I haven't responded to my emails is that I struggle to sit for more than a minute and get distracted easily. For example I will get up to make a brew, put the kettle on - then sort the kids, do the washing, clean the kitchen....then sit down and think "did I make a brew"., This is so not like me which means despite the hangover from this weekend (happy birthday to Ben) this is the first time I have sat down....this is from someone who would happily sit and watch TV all day.

as you can see I can't even write in proper sentances any more

EURODISNEY
Eurodisney was fantastic and whilst sometimes, at home, the kids can be a bit of a handful I have to say that they were both fantastic. We went for 4 days and were generally up for 7.30, big breakfast then out all day til bedtime. I can't imagine how they managed to keep on going. I was shattered, legs aching so much I had to lift them up into bed at night but Tom and Katie just kept on going. Fantastic kids.

We went on pretty much every ride and covered the whole park several times, weather was occasionally a bit wet but this didn't stop them. We have photos of Tom and Katie with every character imaginable and between me and Craig took approximatly 400 photos in 4 days.

So I now need to get some printed and up on the walls. Thanks to Al, Amy and Barb for coming with us.

WORK
Well I am suprisingly still in touch with a lot of work people, the length and breadth of the country so have heard about the reorgs at Warton/Sam and the big changes down south. And to top that I have also been catching up with some of the old Lostock mob...even though it scares me to think we met 20 years ago....am i really that old?

It is really good to be in touch with so many people and reminds me of the person I was, I am in mummy mode - hospital mode at the mo, so keeping in touch with the other me is great.

FAMILY/FRIENDS
Well, once again - Thanks to you all, I never realised what a fantastic family we had and it is great to see you now we are back up north. We have had lots of birthdays for little people, bonfires and generally just people around pretty much every weekend. We now joke (in seriousness) that we spend every "week day" planning for or recovering from the weekend, and are generally booked up for something every week.

So not sure what else I can think of at the moment, Christmas is just round the corner, presents to buy and wrap (thank god for Amazon) snow men to build if this weather keeps up and I am enjoying my walks to and from the school as this helps to keep me in shape even if it is sometimes a bit wet...there are some advantages to not being able to drive.

I will try to keep in touch a bit more but if you ever get the urge, drop me an email and let me know what you are up to.

Speak to you all soon.

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Sargent Lockhart Family

Sargent Lockhart Family

Naylor Perkin Family

Naylor Perkin Family